What Is Ethereum?
Ethereum has historically ranked in second place behind Ethereum in terms of market capitalisation. Its position highlights its important role in business and society and is reflected in the growing demand for Ether-based online payment possibilities for goods and services.
Businesses wishing to accept Ethereum payments, can do so quite easily by integrating an Ethereum payment gateway, which will enable them to accept Ethereum transactions. With fewer intermediaries involved, transaction costs are lower, which along with other benefits, make this mode of payment a smart business decision.
Accepting Ethereum on your website is a good business decision as it enables you to capture opportunities and cater for your existing and future consumers while providing a service to differentiate you from your competitors. Getting started is not a difficult process as the growing popularity of Ethereum as a means of payment has made integrating a merchant account a fairly simple procedure.
How to Get Started
Gateway Integration, Merchant API, Payment Button
Plisio service allows you easily to get payments in the most popular cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum. And to make operations easier, all received payments are automatically calculated in EUR / USD or in ETH, depending on the parameters you set.
To integrate our payment gateway on your site, choose:
- One of the ready-made Plisio integrations for e-commerce content management systems or web-billing platforms
- API for a developer that can be customized for any website and other platforms
- Payment buttons for accepting donations or simple payments (for example, if you sell only one or a few products)
To start accepting Ethereum, as well as Bitcoin, Litecoin and other cryptocurrencies, first sign up. Then create API credentials if you are going to use our e-commerce plug-ins or APIs. If not, just create your payment button.
To keep all payments received in a cryptocurrency (i.e. receive payments in Ethereums) on Plisio, verification is not required.
Accept Cryptocurrency Payments in 4 Simple Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
To create an Ethereum wallet in Plisio, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Plisio website and create an account.
- Log in to your Plisio account and go to the "Wallets" section.
- Select Ethereum as the currency you want to create a wallet for.
Once you have created your Ethereum wallet, you can start receiving, storing, and sending Ethereum and other supported cryptocurrencies. Keep in mind that you will need to add funds to your wallet before you can make any transactions.
Staking is the process of holding onto your cryptocurrency in a wallet for a certain amount of time in order to earn rewards. In the Ethereum network, staking is used to secure the network and validate transactions, and it is also a way to earn rewards in the form of more Ethereum.
To stake Ethereum in Plisio, you can follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a sufficient amount of Ethereum in your Plisio wallet. The amount required may vary depending on the specific staking service you choose.
- Choose a staking service or pool: You can choose to stake your Ethereum on your own, or you can join a staking pool where your Ethereum will be combined with the Ethereum of other stakers to increase your chances of earning rewards.
- Follow the instructions provided by the staking service or pool to start staking your Ethereum.
Keep in mind that staking is a long-term investment and you will need to hold onto your Ethereum for a certain period of time to start earning rewards. Additionally, staking comes with some risks, including the risk of the staking service or pool not performing as expected, which could result in lost funds. It's important to thoroughly research and evaluate different staking options before making a decision.
The value of Ethereum, like any cryptocurrency, is highly volatile and subject to change. The price of Ethereum is determined by market demand and can fluctuate rapidly. To find out the current price of 1 Ethereum, you can use a cryptocurrency price tracking website or app. These websites and apps display real-time data on the price of Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies, and they often provide a price chart that shows how the price has changed over time. It's important to keep in mind that the value of Ethereum can change rapidly, so it's always a good idea to check the current price before making any investment decisions.
The price of Ethereum, like any cryptocurrency, can be affected by a variety of factors. Some of the reasons why the price of Ethereum may be going up include:
- Increased demand: The more people that are buying Ethereum, the higher its price will be. Increased demand can be driven by a variety of factors, such as new investors entering the market, existing investors increasing their exposure, or more businesses accepting Ethereum as a form of payment.
- Development progress: Positive news about the development of the Ethereum network or new dapps (decentralized applications) built on the network can also drive up the price of Ethereum. This is because these developments can increase the perceived value of the Ethereum network and the potential for future growth.
- Market sentiment: The overall mood of the cryptocurrency market can also impact the price of Ethereum. If investors are feeling optimistic about the future of cryptocurrencies, this can lead to increased demand for Ethereum and a corresponding increase in price.
- Macroeconomic factors: The performance of the wider financial market and changes in the global economy can also impact the price of Ethereum. For example, if there is a recession or economic crisis, investors may flock to cryptocurrencies as a safe-haven asset, driving up the price of Ethereum.
It's important to keep in mind that the cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and that the price of Ethereum can change rapidly. As with any investment, it's important to carefully consider the risks before investing in Ethereum.
Mining Ethereum on a PC involves the following steps:
- Set up a wallet: You will need a wallet to store your mined Ethereum. You can create a wallet using one of the many available Ethereum wallet providers, such as Plisio or MetaMask.
- Choose a mining software: There are several mining software options available, such as Geth, Ethminer, and Claymore. Choose one that works well with your operating system and hardware.
- Join a mining pool: Mining solo is difficult and time-consuming, so it's recommended to join a mining pool, which pools resources and rewards among the participants. Some popular mining pools include Ethermine, Nanopool, and F2pool.
- Configure your mining software: You will need to configure your mining software with the wallet address, mining pool information, and other relevant settings.
- Start mining: Once everything is set up, you can start the mining process. Your PC will work to solve complex mathematical problems, and once a solution is found, the block will be added to the Ethereum blockchain, and you will receive a reward in the form of Ethereum.
Note that mining Ethereum on a PC can be challenging and requires a significant amount of computational power and electricity. If you don't have access to high-end hardware, it may be more cost-effective to purchase Ethereum on an exchange or through a peer-to-peer trading platform.
To sell Ethereum, you can follow these steps:
- Choose a cryptocurrency exchange: To sell Ethereum, you will need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange that supports Ethereum and allows you to sell it. Some popular exchanges include Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken.
- Create an account: After choosing an exchange, you will need to create an account by providing your personal information and verifying your identity.
- Transfer Ethereum to your exchange wallet: Once your account is set up, you will need to transfer your Ethereum from your personal wallet to the exchange's Ethereum wallet.
- Sell Ethereum: After your Ethereum has been transferred to your exchange wallet, you can place an order to sell Ethereum for your preferred fiat currency or another cryptocurrency.
- Withdraw funds: Once your sale has been completed, you can withdraw the funds from your exchange wallet to your personal bank account.
Note: The exact process may vary depending on the exchange you choose, so make sure to read their instructions carefully before selling Ethereum.
Ethereum fees, also known as gas fees, are the cost of processing transactions on the Ethereum network. The fees are paid in Ether (ETH), the native cryptocurrency of the Ethereum network. High fees occur when the demand for processing transactions on the network exceeds the available processing capacity.
Several factors can contribute to high fees, including:
- Network congestion: When the number of transactions waiting to be processed on the Ethereum network increases, the competition for block space also increases, driving up fees.
- DeFi and NFT activity: The growing popularity of decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible token (NFT) transactions has increased the demand for Ethereum transactions, leading to higher fees.
- Complex transactions: Transactions that require more computational power to process, such as those involving smart contracts, can also result in higher fees.
- Gas price fluctuation: The fee for processing a transaction is determined by the gas price, which can fluctuate depending on market conditions. If the demand for processing transactions increases, the gas price will also increase, resulting in higher fees.
Overall, high Ethereum fees are a reflection of the increased demand for processing transactions on the Ethereum network. While they can be inconvenient, they also indicate the growing popularity and use of the Ethereum network.
Yes, Ethereum can be used for payments. Ethereum is a decentralized, blockchain-based platform that enables the creation of smart contracts and decentralized applications. These applications can facilitate various types of transactions, including payments. By using Ethereum, users can send and receive payments without the need for intermediaries such as banks. This makes the process faster, more secure, and more cost-effective. Additionally, the use of smart contracts on the Ethereum network enables the creation of new financial products and services that can facilitate digital payments.
To receive Ethereum payments in Plisio, you need to have an Ethereum wallet set up in your Plisio account. To set up the wallet, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your Plisio account and navigate to the "Wallets" section.
- Click on the "Add wallet" button.
- Select Ethereum from the list of available cryptocurrencies.
- Follow the steps provided to set up your Ethereum wallet.
Once your Ethereum wallet is set up, you can receive Ethereum payments by providing the recipient with your Ethereum address. Your Ethereum address can be found in the "Wallets" section of your Plisio account.
It's important to keep in mind that transactions on the Ethereum network may be subject to fees and may take some time to be processed. It's a good idea to keep a close eye on the Ethereum network status and fee levels to ensure that your transactions are processed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
To accept Ethereum donations using Plisio, you can follow these steps:
- Create an account on Plisio's website if you haven't already done so.
- Log in to your Plisio account and click on "Add Payment" in the top menu.
- Choose "Ethereum" from the list of available cryptocurrencies.
- Enter the required information, including the name and description of the payment, the amount, and your Ethereum wallet address where the payment will be received.
- Click on "Create Payment" to generate a payment button or a payment link that you can share with your donors.
- Add the payment button or link to your website or social media channels, so your donors can use it to make their donations.
- You will receive the donated Ethereum in your wallet address as soon as the transaction is confirmed on the Ethereum network.
It's important to note that Plisio charges a fee for its services, which is deducted from the total amount of the payment. You can check the fee structure on their website before creating a payment.
Start Accepting Ethereum
Connect to Plisio and start accepting Ethereum in your store, ICO or other platform today.
Sign up for free in 2 clicks • Easy setup in 2 minutes • Tech support 24/7