What Is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the world's first decentralized digital currency, fundamentally different from all previously created electronic currencies and payment systems in that it is not tied to any physical assets or "official" currencies, and its price is regulated by the market only.
And also, Bitcoin is a worldwide payment system via which you can make operations. The main difference from traditional payment systems is the Bitcoin system has no manager and processing center. All operations take place exclusively in the network of equal clients.
By accepting Bitcoin payments on your website, you not only increase the reach of your audience, but you also upgrade your service, making it relevant and meeting today's market requirements.
How to Get Started
Gateway Integration, Merchant API, Payment Button
Plisio service allows you easily to get payments in the most popular cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. And to make operations easier, all received payments are automatically calculated in EUR / USD or in BTC, depending on the parameters you set.
To integrate our payment gateway on your site, choose:
- One of the ready-made Plisio integrations for e-commerce content management systems or web-billing platforms
- API for a developer that can be customized for any website and other platforms
- Payment buttons for accepting donations or simple payments (for example, if you sell only one or a few products)
To start accepting Bitcoin, as well as Ethereum, Litecoin and other cryptocurrencies, first sign up. Then create API credentials if you are going to use our e-commerce plug-ins or APIs. If not, just create your payment button.
To keep all payments received in a cryptocurrency (i.e. receive payments in bitcoins) on Plisio, verification is not required.
Accept Cryptocurrency Payments in 4 Simple Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, also known as a cryptocurrency, that enables peer-to-peer transactions without the need for intermediaries like banks. It was created in 2009 by an unknown person or group of people using the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.
Bitcoin operates on a technology called blockchain, which is a public ledger of all Bitcoin transactions that have ever taken place. This ledger is maintained by a network of computers, called nodes, that work together to validate transactions and maintain the integrity of the system.
One of the key features of Bitcoin is that it is decentralized, meaning that it operates independently of a central authority or government. Transactions are verified through the consensus of the network, rather than through a single central authority. This makes Bitcoin resistant to censorship, fraud, and other forms of manipulation.
Another important feature of Bitcoin is that it is designed to be a scarce asset, with a limited supply of 21 million bitcoins. This scarcity, combined with its usefulness as a form of payment, has led some people to view Bitcoin as a store of value and an investment opportunity.
Overall, Bitcoin has the potential to change the way we think about and use money, by providing a decentralized and secure means of transaction and storage of value. However, it is still a relatively new technology and there are many challenges and risks associated with using and investing in Bitcoin. As with any investment, it's important to thoroughly research and carefully consider the risks and rewards before making any decisions.
Mining is the process of verifying and adding transactions to the Bitcoin blockchain and earning new bitcoins as a reward. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to mine Bitcoin:
- Get a Bitcoin mining rig: A mining rig is a computer system specifically designed for mining cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. The rig will typically consist of several high-performance graphics processing units (GPUs) or specialized ASIC (Application-Specific Integrated Circuit) devices.
- Join a mining pool: Mining pools are groups of miners who work together to increase their chances of earning a reward. By joining a pool, you'll share the rewards with other miners, but you'll also reduce the volatility of your earnings.
- Install mining software: Mining software is used to communicate with the mining hardware and the mining pool. There are several different mining software options available, each with its own features and benefits.
- Set up a Bitcoin wallet: In order to receive the rewards from mining, you'll need to have a Bitcoin wallet to store your earnings. There are several options available, including software wallets and hardware wallets.
- Start mining: Once your mining rig is set up and your mining software is installed, you can start mining Bitcoin. The mining software will communicate with the mining hardware and the mining pool, and will begin verifying and adding transactions to the blockchain.
It's important to note that mining Bitcoin is a highly competitive process and requires a significant amount of computational power and electricity. As a result, the cost of mining Bitcoin can be high, and the rewards can be low. Additionally, the difficulty of mining Bitcoin increases over time, making it more difficult for individual miners to earn a reward.
Before investing in mining equipment or joining a mining pool, it's important to carefully consider the costs and potential rewards, and to understand that there is no guarantee of earning a profit. In many cases, it may be more cost-effective to purchase Bitcoin directly rather than to mine it.
To get a bitcoin in your Plisio wallet, you can follow these steps:
- Buy bitcoin from a cryptocurrency exchange: You'll need to sign up for an account with a cryptocurrency exchange that supports bitcoin purchases. Some popular exchanges include Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken.
- Transfer the bitcoin to your Plisio wallet: Once you have bought bitcoin, you'll need to send it to your Plisio wallet. To do this, you'll need your Plisio wallet's unique address, which you can find in the wallet's "Receive" section. Simply send the bitcoin from your exchange account to your Plisio wallet address.
- Confirm the transaction: The transaction will take some time to process, usually a few minutes to an hour. Once it's confirmed, the bitcoin will be available in your Plisio wallet.
To accept bitcoin payments using Plisio, you need to sign up for a Plisio account and integrate the Plisio payment gateway into your website. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign up for a Plisio account: If you don't already have one, sign up for a Plisio account.
- Integrate the Plisio payment gateway: To integrate the Plisio payment gateway, you need to add the Plisio API code to your website's checkout page. The code will generate a payment form that you can customize to match the look and feel of your website.
- Configure your payment settings: In your Plisio dashboard, you can configure the payment options that you want to offer to your customers, such as the currency, payment method, and notification preferences.
- Add the bitcoin payment option to your checkout page: Once you've integrated the Plisio payment gateway and configured your payment settings, you can start accepting bitcoin payments on your checkout page. Your customers will be able to select bitcoin as a payment method and complete their purchase using the secure Plisio payment gateway.
By integrating the Plisio payment gateway, you can start accepting bitcoin payments quickly and easily, without the need for any special technical knowledge.
Yes, Plisio does have a plugin for WooCommerce, which is a popular e-commerce platform for WordPress websites. The Plisio WooCommerce plugin allows you to easily integrate the Plisio payment gateway into your WooCommerce store, so you can start accepting bitcoin payments from your customers.
Here's how you can use the Plisio WooCommerce plugin:
- Install the Plisio WooCommerce plugin: You can download the plugin from the official WooCommerce marketplace or from the Plisio support center. Once you've downloaded the plugin, you can install it in your WordPress dashboard.
- Sign up for a Plisio account: If you don't already have one, sign up for a Plisio account.
- Configure the Plisio plugin: After installing the plugin, go to the WooCommerce settings page and find the Plisio section. Enter your Plisio API key and configure the payment options that you want to offer to your customers, such as the currency, payment method, and notification preferences.
- Start accepting bitcoin payments: Once you've configured the Plisio plugin, you can start accepting bitcoin payments from your customers. They will be able to select bitcoin as a payment method during the checkout process, and complete their purchase using the secure Plisio payment gateway.
By using the Plisio WooCommerce plugin, you can simplify the process of accepting bitcoin payments in your online store and provide your customers with a convenient and secure payment option.
Many companies around the world have started accepting bitcoin as a payment method. Some of the most well-known companies that accept bitcoin include:
- Microsoft: Microsoft users can use bitcoin to buy content in the Windows and Xbox stores.
- Overstock.com: Overstock was one of the first major online retailers to start accepting bitcoin in 2014.
- Expedia: Online travel booking site Expedia accepts bitcoin for hotel bookings.
- Wikipedia: The Wikimedia Foundation, which operates the popular online encyclopedia, accepts donations in bitcoin.
- AT&T: AT&T, one of the largest telecommunications companies in the US, recently started accepting bitcoin for payment.
- Dish Network: Dish Network, a leading satellite TV provider in the US, also accepts bitcoin payments.
- Subway: Some Subway franchise locations around the world accept bitcoin as a form of payment.
- Virgin Galactic: Richard Branson's space travel company, Virgin Galactic, accepts bitcoin for its commercial spaceflights.
- Etsy: Etsy, the online marketplace for handmade and vintage items, has some sellers that accept bitcoin as a form of payment.
These are just a few examples of the many companies that now accept bitcoin as a payment method. As the popularity of bitcoin continues to grow, it is likely that more and more companies will start accepting it as a form of payment.
To accept bitcoin payments through Plisio, you will need to sign up for a Plisio account and then follow these steps:
- Set up your store: If you already have an e-commerce store, you can integrate Plisio into your existing setup. If not, you can create a new store using Plisio's e-commerce platform.
- Enable bitcoin payments: Once you have set up your store, you can enable bitcoin payments in the Plisio dashboard. You will need to provide information about your business, including your business name, address, and contact information.
- Install the Plisio plugin: If you're using an e-commerce platform like WooCommerce or Magento, you can install the Plisio plugin to integrate Plisio into your store. This will allow you to start accepting bitcoin payments directly on your website.
- Display bitcoin as a payment option: Once the Plisio plugin is installed, you can configure it to display bitcoin as a payment option at checkout. Customers who choose to pay with bitcoin will be able to complete their purchase using the Plisio platform.
- Receive payments: Plisio will automatically process bitcoin payments and transfer the funds to your Plisio account.
These are the basic steps to accept bitcoin payments through Plisio. For more information on the specific details of using Plisio, you can consult the Plisio documentation or contact the Plisio support team.
Whether or not accepting bitcoin as a form of payment is a good idea depends on several factors, including your business goals and target audience. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Increased accessibility: Accepting bitcoin can make your business more accessible to a global customer base, since bitcoin is not tied to a specific country or currency.
- Lower fees: Bitcoin transactions usually have lower fees compared to traditional payment methods, which can increase your profit margins.
- Improved security: Bitcoin transactions are secured by cryptography and stored on a decentralized ledger, which can reduce the risk of fraud and chargebacks.
- Volatility: The value of bitcoin can be highly volatile, which can lead to fluctuations in the amount of money received for each transaction.
- Lack of widespread adoption: While the use of bitcoin is growing, it is still not widely adopted, and some customers may not be familiar with it or feel comfortable using it.
- Complexity: Accepting bitcoin requires a certain level of technical knowledge and may involve additional steps compared to traditional payment methods.
Ultimately, whether accepting bitcoin is a good idea for your business depends on your specific needs and circumstances. If you're interested in accepting bitcoin, it may be helpful to start by testing the waters with a small number of transactions and evaluating the results before expanding your use of this payment method.
To accept Bitcoin donations using Plisio, you can follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Plisio account and create a new project.
- In the project settings, enable Bitcoin as a payment method.
- Create a Bitcoin wallet address to receive donations. You can generate a new address within Plisio or use an existing one.
- Create a donation button or link using Plisio's built-in tools or by generating a unique payment URL.
- Embed the donation button or link on your website or share it with your supporters.
When someone makes a donation using Bitcoin, Plisio will automatically process the payment and forward the funds to your Bitcoin wallet. You can then convert the Bitcoin to your preferred fiat currency or hold it as an investment.
Note that Plisio charges a small fee for each transaction, which varies based on the payment method and transaction volume. Be sure to review the fees and terms of service before setting up your account.
Start Accepting Bitcoin
Connect to Plisio and start accepting Bitcoin in your store, ICO or other platform today.
Sign up for free in 2 clicks • Easy setup in 2 minutes • Tech support 24/7